Housing Assistance

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​If you are in need of assistance from the programs below, please visit the "What assistance is available to me?" page.​

Affordable Housing​​

Homebuyer and Rehabilitation Program (HHR)​ - prov​​ides home purchase assistance and home rehabilitation

​​Housing Cost Reduction Initiative (HCRI)- provides housing assistance to households seeking to own decent, safe, affordable housing

​​Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)- provides assistance to acquire and redevelop foreclosed properties that might otherwise become sources of abandonment and blight within their communities

Rental Housing Development Program (RHD)​ - provides funds to develop affordable rental housing

Small Ci​ties Housing and Revolving Loan Program (CDBG) - ​​​​​​​​​provides grants to general purpose units of local government for housing programs which principally benefit low to moderate income (LMI) households

Veterans​ Rental Assistance Program (VRAP)provides​ rental assistance for veterans who are struggling. 

Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance​ Program (WERA) - provides rental and utility assistance

Wisconsin Help for Homeowners Program (WHH) - provides assistance for mortgage and tax payments, refinancing, homeowner's insurance, and utilities

Supportive Housing​

Critical Assistance Program (CA) - provides direct emergency financial assistance to prevent homelessness for renters and homeowners

Emergency Solutions, Housing Assistance, and Homeless Prevention Programs (EHH)​ - provides emergency shelter, homelessness prevention, and housing assistance for homeless individuals and families

Employment Grants Program - connects homeless individuals with permanent employment

Fair Housing - provides services to assist w​ith fair housing discrimination complaints

HOME-American Rescue Plan (HOME-ARP)- provides funds to reduce homelessness and increase housing stability through affordable unit development, supportive services, tenant-based rental assistance, and non-profit operating assistance​

Homeless Case Management Services Grant (HCMS) - provides intensive case management services for people experiencing homelessness

Housing Opportunities For Persons With AIDS Program (HOPWA) - provides housing assistance and related supportive services for persons with HIV/AIDS

Interest Bearing Real Estate Trust Accounts (IBRETA) - interest-bearing real estate trust accounts for the deposit of all down payments, earnest money and other trust funds received by the broker and related to the conveyance of real estate​

Landlord Tenant Fundlandlords are directed to send the net proceeds from the sale of a tenant's personal property to the Department of Administration

Recovery Voucher Grant Program (RV) - provides hou​sing in DHS recognized recovery residences for people experiencing homelessness with an opioid use disorder (OUD) diagnosis or who have received treatment for OUD within the past 12-months

State Shelter Subsidy Grant Program (SSSG) - provides funds for emergency shelters for people experiencing homelessness

Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Program (TBRA) - provides rental and utility assistance for people that are homeless or at risk of homelessness​