The Wisconsin Veterans Rental Assistance Program (VRAP) was created as a response to the loss of income for many veteran rental households during the COVID-19 pandemic.
VRAP is funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and is intended to provide rental assistance for veterans who are struggling.
Eligible forms of assistance include the following:
- Up to $10,000 in rental assistance
A veteran household may qualify for the VRAP program if at least one or more household individuals meet the following:
- The applicant is a veteran.
- The applicant has attained the age of 18.
- The applicant is a Wisconsin resident and has responsibility for payment of rent in the State of Wisconsin.
- The household has an income at or below 80% of the area median income.
**Applicants for VRAP may not qualify if they are currently receiving rental assistance through the Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance (WERA) program.
To apply for assistance or access additional program information please call, email or visit the VRAP Website at: